The Pan American Congress of Applied Mechanics (PACAM)
has been a biennial event, which from this year will be organized annually. The aim of the congress is to promote progress in the broad field of mechanics by (1) exposing engineers and scientists, as well as advanced graduate students, to new research developments, methods, and problems in mechanics and (2) providing broad opportunities for personal interactions through means of formal presentations and informal conversations.
PACAM XIV will be held in Santiago, Chile, hosted by Universidad de Chile.
PACAM is held every two years, always in a Latin American location. For the first time, PACAM 2013 will be held in the USA.
The previous congresses were held in
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1989);
- Valparaiso, Chile (1991);
- São Paulo, Brazil (1993);
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (1995);
- San Juan, Puerto Rico (1997);
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (1999);
- Temuco, Chile (2002);
- Havana, Cuba (2004);
- Merida, Mexico (2006);
- Cancun, Mexico (2008);
- Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil (2010);
- Port of Spain, Trinidad (2012);
- Houston, Texas, USA.